In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Advie like this:
Advie, a barony in Cromdale parish, Elginshire, on the right balk of the river Spey, and on the Strathspey branch of the Great North of Scotland railway, 8 miles NE of Grantown. It has a post office of Advie Station, under Ballindalloch, an Established mission church, and a public school, which, with accommodation for 90 children, had (1879) an average attendance of 37, and a grant of £32, 3s. ...
The barony of Advie, on the right side of the Spey, and the barony Tulchen on the left side, anciently were a parish, now united with Cromdale, and they belonged to the Earl of Fife, passed in the 15th century to the Ballindalloch family, and were eventually sold to Brigadier Alexander Grant.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Advie, in Highland and Moray | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Advie ".