In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Camlachie like this:
Camlachie, a suburban town and a burn of NW Lanarkshire. An eastern suburb of Glasgow, the town is in Parkhead quoad sacra and Barony civil parish; stands chiefly along the N road from Glasgow to Hamilton, from a point about 1¼ mile E of Glasgow Cross; and forms a link between the extreme E of Glasgow proper and the suburb of Parkhead. ...
It consists of a main street and a number of lateral streets; presents a dingy disagreeable appearance; is inhabited principally by manufacturing operatives; and contains some factories, a distillery, Parkhead quoad sacra parish church, a Free church, and the Glasgow Eastern Necropolis. The burn rises in the vicinity of Gartcraig; runs in a south-easterly direction, past the W end of the suburb; has there a foul stream; forms, for some distance, the boundary between Barony parish and Glasgow royalty; and, after a total course of about 3½ miles, falls into the Clyde.
The location is that shown for Camlachie on modern 1:25,000 maps.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Camlachie, in Glasgow and Lanarkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Camlachie ".