Place:


Ardeonaig  Perthshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Ardeonaig like this:

Ardeonaig (Gael. ` Eonog's height '), a hamlet on the right or southern shore of Loch Tay, in a detached portion of Killin parish, Perthshire, 71/8 miles ENE of Killin village, and 11½ miles NNW of Comrie by Glen Lednock. Backed by Meall na Creige (2683 feet), Creag Uigeach (2840), and Ruadh Bheul (2237), it stands near the mouth of the Finglen Burn, and has a ferry over the loch (here ¾ mile broad), a good inn, a Gaelic Free church (13/8 mile NE), and a public school, which, with accommodation for 56 children, had (1879) an average attendance of 31, and a grant of £46,10s. ...


6d.

Ardeonaig through time

Ardeonaig is now part of Stirling district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stirling has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ardeonaig itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ardeonaig, in Stirling and Perthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22337

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ardeonaig ".