In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bramshott like this:
BRAMSHOTT, a village and a parish in the district of Farnborough, and county of Hants The village stands near the verge of the county, 1½ mile NW of Liphook r. station, and 4. W of Haslemere; and has a post office under Liphook. The parish is intersected by the Guildford and New Portsmouth railway; and includes the hamlet of Liphook, which has a head post office Acres, 6,676. Real property, £5,543. Pop., 1,367. Houses, 280. The property is divided among a few. Foley House is the seat of J. Greig, Esq. Many hundreds of Roman coins were found, in 1741, in the bed of Woolmer pond, 1½ mile W of Liphook. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £785.* Patron, Queen's College, Oxford. The church is cruciform and early English; has a central tower, partly Norman; and contains two interesting brasses.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bramshott has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Hampshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bramshott and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bramshott in East Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th January 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bramshott".