Place:


Nemphlar  Lanarkshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Nemphlar like this:

Nemphlar, a village in Lanark parish, Lanarkshire, on the high grounds (605 feet) above the right bank of the Clyde, 2 miles WNW of Lanark town. It lies among beautiful braes, straggling along them for a considerable distance; covers the site of an ancient chapel of the Knights Templars; and has a public school.—Ord. Sur., sh. 23, 1865.

Nemphlar through time

Nemphlar is now part of South Lanarkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Lanarkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Nemphlar itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nemphlar in South Lanarkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22236

Date accessed: 21st September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Nemphlar ".