Place:


Cleidda  Monmouthshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cleidda like this:

CLYTHA, a hamlet in Llanarth parish, Monmouth; on the river Usk, 5½ miles SE of Abergavenny. Acres, 1,841. Real property, £2, 993. Pop., 354. Houses, 72. Clytha House, the seat of W. Jones, Esq., is a handsome free-stone edifice, with Ionic portico; and contains some good pictures. A building, called the Castle, on an adjacent hill, is a family mausoleum, erected in 1790; and commands a splendid view of the vale of Usk. Charities, £54.

Cleidda through time

Cleidda is now part of Monmouthshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Monmouthshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cleidda itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cleidda in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2214

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cleidda ".