Place:


Cil Y Cwm  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cil Y Cwm like this:

CILYCWM, or Kilycwm, a parish and a sub-district in Llandovery district, Carmarthen. The parish lies on the river Towy, and the Central Wales railway, 4¼ miles N of Llandovery. Post town, Llandovery, under Carmarthen. Acres, 17, 300. Real property, £5, 156. Pop., 1, 380. Houses, 282. The property is subdivided. About 210 hands are employed in lead-mining at Rhan-dirmwym. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £94. Patron, T. H. Gwynne, Esq. The church is very good. Charities, £5. The sub-district is conterminate with the parish.

Cil Y Cwm through time

Cil Y Cwm is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cil Y Cwm itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cil Y Cwm in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2213

Date accessed: 12th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cil Y Cwm ".