Place:


Fen Drayton  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fen Drayton like this:

DRAYTON (Fen), a parish in the district of St. Ives and county of Cambridge; on an affluent of the river Ouse, at the boundary with Huntingdon, 2 miles SW of Swavesey r. station, and 3¼ SE by S of St. Ives. Post town, Fen-Stanton, under St. Ives. Acres, 1, 496. Real property, £4, 059. Pop., 445. Houses, 107. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £100. Patron, Christ's College, Cambridge. The church was restored in 1855. A Wesleyan chapel was built in 1866.

Fen Drayton through time

Fen Drayton is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fen Drayton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fen Drayton in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2195

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fen Drayton ".