Place:


Kingwater  Cumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingwater like this:

KINGWATER, a township in Lanercost parish, Cumberland; on a streamlet of its own name, a tributary of the Irthing, among the moors near the boundary with Northumberland, 8 miles NE of Brampton. Real property, £4, 219. Pop., 391. Houses, 72. The property belongs chiefly to the Earl of Carlisle and John Ramshay, Esq.

Kingwater through time

Kingwater is now part of Carlisle district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carlisle has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kingwater itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingwater, in Carlisle and Cumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2186

Date accessed: 19th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kingwater ".