Place:


Drumlithie  Kincardineshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Drumlithie like this:

Drumlithie, a village in Glenbervie parish, Kincardineshire, with a station on the Caledonian railway, 7¼ miles SW of Stonehaven. At it are a post office under Fordoun, with railway telegraph, a school, Glenbervie Free church, and St John's Episcopal church (1863), a Gothic edifice, with organ and two stained-glass windows

Drumlithie through time

Drumlithie is now part of Aberdeenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aberdeenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Drumlithie itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Drumlithie, in Aberdeenshire and Kincardineshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21830

Date accessed: 17th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Drumlithie ".