Place:


Lawres  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lawres like this:

LAWRESS, a wapentake in the parts of Lindsey, Lincoln; bounded by the wapentakes of Aslacoe, Walshcroft, Wraggoe, Boothby-Graffo, and Langoe, the liberty of Lincoln, and the wapentake of Well; and containing Aisthorpe parish, twenty-seven other parishes, and part of another. Acres, 46, 413. Pop. in 1851, 8, 035; in 1861, 7, 728. Houses, 1, 613.

Lawres through time

Lawres is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lawres itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lawres, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21681

Date accessed: 20th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lawres ".