Place:


Sound  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sound like this:

SOUND, a township in Wybunbury parish, Cheshire; 3½ miles SSW of Nantwich. Acres, 1,067. Real property, £1,603. Pop., 246. Houses, 54. It has a post-office, of the name of S. Heath, under Nantwich. The manor belongs to the Earl of Kilmorey. There are chapels for Primitive and U. Free Methodists.

Sound through time

Sound is now part of Crewe and Nantwich district. Click here for graphs and data of how Crewe and Nantwich has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sound itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sound, in Crewe and Nantwich and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2157

Date accessed: 19th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sound ".