In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chetwode like this:
CHETWODE, a parish in the district and county of Buckingham; on the verge of the county, 3¼ miles NNW of Launton r. station, and 4 SW of Buckingham. Post town, Buckingham. Acres, 1, 200. Real property, £2, 029. Pop., 177. Houses, 36. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to a Chetwode before the Conquest; and is still held by his descendants. An Angustinian priory was founded here in 1244. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Barton-Hartshorn, in the diocese of Oxford. The church belonged to the priory; and has a very fine early English chancel, and some of the oldest stained glass in England. Dean Chetwode was a native.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Chetwode has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Aylesbury Vale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Chetwode and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chetwode, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Chetwode".