In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mark Beech like this:
MARK-BEECH, a chapelry in Cowden and Hever parishes, Kent; 2½ miles NE of the meeting-point with Surrey and Sussex, and 4 SSE of Edenbridge r. station. It was constituted in 1852; and it has a post office under Edenbridge. Rated property, £590. Pop., 289. Houses, 46. Pop. of the Cowden portion, 207. Houses, 34. The property is divide dchiefly among four. The higher grounds command extensive views. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £65.* Patron, the Hon. Mrs. Talbot. The church was built in 1852; consists of nave and chancel, with small tower and shingle spire; and has some painted windows. There are schools and a parochial library and reading-room.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Mark Beech has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Sevenoaks. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Mark Beech and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mark Beech, in Sevenoaks and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Mark Beech".