Place:


North Rode  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Rode like this:

RODE (North) a township-chapelry in Prestburyparish, Cheshire; on the river Dane, and on the North Staffordshire railway, at the junction of the Churnet Valley railway, 4¾ miles S by W of Macclesfield. It has a station with telegraph at the railway -junction; and itspost-town is Congleton. ...


Acres, 1, 520. Real property, £2, 623. Pop., 285. Houses, 54. The manor belongs to the Rev. J. Daintry. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £150.* Patron, the Rev. J. Daintry. The church was built in 1846; and is in the early English style, with a tower. There is an endowed school, with £20 a year.

North Rode through time

North Rode is now part of Macclesfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Macclesfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Rode itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Rode, in Macclesfield and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2151

Date accessed: 14th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Rode ".