Place:


Halton  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Halton like this:

HALTON, a parish in Aylesbury district, Bucks; on the Wendover canal, 1¾ mile NE of Wendover, and 4¼ SE of Aylesbury r. station. Post town, Wendover, under Tring. Acres, 1, 452. Real property, £, 683. Pop., 147. Houses, 30. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £200. Patron, Baron Rothschild. The church is good.

Halton through time

Halton is now part of Aylesbury Vale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aylesbury Vale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Halton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Halton, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2147

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Halton ".