Place:


Newhall  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Newhall like this:

NEWHALL, a township in Wrenbury and Audlem parishes, Cheshire; on the river Weaver, the Birmingham canal, and the Shrewsbury and Crewe railway, adjacent to Salop, 4½ miles S W by S of Nantwich. It contains the villages of Aston, Aston-Heath, and Dodds-Green, and part of the village of Burley-Dam. Acres, 4,033. Real property, £6, 849. Pop., 826. Houses, 173. Pop. of the Wrenbury portion, 737. Houses, 157. The manor belongs to Viscount Combermere. A church is at Burley-Dam, and Wesleyan chapels are at Aston and Dodds-Green.

Newhall through time

Newhall is now part of Crewe and Nantwich district. Click here for graphs and data of how Crewe and Nantwich has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Newhall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Newhall, in Crewe and Nantwich and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2143

Date accessed: 12th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Newhall ".