Place:


East Claydon  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Claydon like this:

CLAYDON (East), a parish in Winslow district, Bucks; 1½ mile SW of Winslow Junction r. station, and 3 WSW of Winslow. Post town, Winslow. Acres, 2, 160. Real property, £3, 368. Pop., 385. Houses, 79. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Oxford. Value, £150.* Patron, Sir H. Verney, Bart. The church is old but good.

East Claydon through time

East Claydon is now part of Aylesbury Vale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aylesbury Vale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Claydon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Claydon, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2141

Date accessed: 19th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Claydon ".