Place:


Adstock  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Adstock like this:

ADSTOCK, a parish in the district and county of Buckingham; on the Bucks railway, midway between Buckingham and Winslow. Post Town, Buckingham. Acres, 1,130. Real property, £2,102. Pop., 385. Houses, 83. The property is not much divided. The market for Buckingham and Winslow was held here during the plague of 1665. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £444.* Patron, Philip Hart, Esq. The church is ancient but good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Adstock through time

Adstock is now part of Aylesbury Vale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aylesbury Vale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Adstock itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Adstock, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2136

Date accessed: 16th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Adstock ".