In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Box Moor like this:
BOX-MOOR, a chapelry in Hemel-Hampstead parish, Herts; on the Grand Junction canal and the North Western railway, 2½ miles NW by N of Kings-Langley. It has a station on the railway, from which omnibuses run to Hemel-Hampstead; and a post office† of the name of Box-Moor, Hertfordshire. ...
It was constituted in 1844, Rated property, with Hemel-Hampstead, £25,772. Pop., 3,813. Houses, 787. The property is much subdivided. The scenery in the neighbourhood of the r. station is very rich and beautiful; and the moor, whence the name is taken, is at some distance. The railway, northward from the station, passes over an embankment, with fine views; crosses the Box-Lane viaduct; and runs parallel with the canal. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £150. Patron, the Vicar of Hemel-Hampstead. The church is good.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Box Moor, in Dacorum and Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Box Moor ".