Place:


Balls Pond  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Balls Pond like this:

BALL'S POND, a suburban tract in Islington parish, London; on the North London railway, near the New river, 2½ miles N of St. Paul's. The cattle market of 15 acres, projected by Perkins, is here. B. Pond is a chapelry, constituted in 1830; a vicarage in the diocese of London; of the value of £420, in the patronage of Trustees. ...


The church is in the pointed style, and was designed by Barry. A chapel in Gloucester-road is under the vicar; and two churches in Essex-road and Mildmay park are served by other vicars, each with income of £400, and both appointed by the vicar of B. Pond.

Balls Pond through time

Balls Pond is now part of Islington district. Click here for graphs and data of how Islington has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Balls Pond itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Balls Pond, in Islington and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21330

Date accessed: 18th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Balls Pond ".