In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shellingford like this:
SHELLINGFORD, a parish, with a village, in Faringdon district, Berks; 2½ miles SE of Faringdon r. station. Post town, Faringdon. Acres, 1,717. Real property, £3,303. Pop., 308. Houses, 60. The manor belongs to T. M. Goodlake, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £600.* Patron, T. M. Goodlake, Esq. The church is Nornian and good, and has a spire. There is an Independent chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Shellingford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Vale of White Horse. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Shellingford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shellingford, in Vale of White Horse and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Shellingford".