Place:


Betws Tir Iarll  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Betws Tir Iarll like this:

BETTWS, a parish in Bridgend district, Glamorgan; on the river Ogmore, 5½ miles N of Bridgend r. station. Post Town, Bridgend. Acres, 5,086. Real property, £1,357. Pop., 371. Houses, 75. The property is divided among a few. Coal is worked. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Newcastle, in the diocese of Llandaff. The church is good. There is a Unitarian chapel. Dr. Price, the nonconformist divine, was a native.

Betws Tir Iarll through time

Betws Tir Iarll is now part of Bridgend district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgend has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Betws Tir Iarll itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Betws Tir Iarll, in Bridgend and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2128

Date accessed: 15th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Betws Tir Iarll ".