Place:


Deritend  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Deritend like this:

DERITEND, a chapelry and a sub-district, in the parish and district of Aston, Warwick. The chapelry lies on the river Rea, the Birmingham and Warwick canal, and the Birmingham and Oxford railway, within Birmingham borough; comprises some of the south-eastern streets of Birmingham; and has a post office† under Birmingham. ...


Pop. not separately returned. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £319. Patrons, the Inhabitants. The church was rebuilt in 1735; and has a square brick tower, added in 1762. There are chapels for Independents, Baptists, and Wesleyans. The sub-district includes also the suburb of Bordesley. Acres, 1, 690. Pop., 31, 788. Houses, 6, 544.

Deritend through time

Deritend is now part of Birmingham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Birmingham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Deritend itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Deritend, in Birmingham and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21250

Date accessed: 23rd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Deritend ".