In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston like this:
MARY-EXTRA (ST.), or WESTON, a parish and a subdistrict in South Stoneham district, Hants. The parish lies on the river Itchin and on the Southwestern railway, adjacent to Southampton; and contains the places called Weston, Woolston, Itchenor, and Newtown. Posttown, Southampton. Acres, 2,980; of which 940 are water. ...
Real property, £31,526. Pop. in 1851,1,446; in 1861,2,468. Houses, 463. The increase of pop. arose from the employment afforded to artizans and others in Southampton. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £170. * Patron, Mrs. W. L. Davies. The church is called Jesus chapel; and there are churches also in Weston, Woolston, and Newtown.The sub-district contains also three other parishes. Acres, 9,895. Pop., 5,675. Houses, 1,065.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston, in Southampton and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Weston ".