Place:


Hulme Walfield  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hulme Walfield like this:

HULME-WALFIELD, a township chapelry in Astbury parish, Cheshire; near the Macclesfield and Colwich railway, and near the boundary with Staffordshire, 1¾ mile N of Congleton. Post town, Congleton. Acres, 1, 047. Real property, £2, 340. Pop., 111. Houses, 17. Much of the property belongs to A. H. Devonport, Esq. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Astbury, in the diocese of Chester. The church was built in 1856; is a handsome edifice, comprising nave, chancel, and N aisle; and stands on an elevated spot, commanding extensive views. There is a national school.

Hulme Walfield through time

Hulme Walfield is now part of Congleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Congleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hulme Walfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hulme Walfield, in Congleton and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2120

Date accessed: 15th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hulme Walfield ".