Place:


Adpar  Cardiganshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Adpar like this:

ADPAR, or Atpar a small ancient town in Llandyfriog parish, Cardigan. It stands on the river Teifi, opposite Newcastle-Emlyn, separated from that town only by the river, and is practically a suburb of it. But politically it is a borough by prescription, and now includes Newcastle-Emlyn within its borough limits; and it unites with Cardigan, Aberystwith, Lampeter, and Tregaron, in sending a member to parliament. Pop. of the old borough, 555; of the new borough, 1,473. Houses, 136 and 358. See Newcastle-emlyn.

Adpar through time

Adpar is now part of Ceredigion district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ceredigion has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Adpar itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Adpar, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21157

Date accessed: 20th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Adpar ".