Place:


South Zeal  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Zeal like this:

ZEAL (South), a village in South Tawton parish, Devon; 4¼ miles ESE of Okehampton. It was once a borough and a market-town; and it has a fine granite cross, a Wesleyan chapel, and an old school house supposed to have been a Roman Catholic chapel.

South Zeal through time

South Zeal is now part of West Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Zeal itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Zeal in West Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21083

Date accessed: 25th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Zeal ".