Place:


South Elmham St Nicholas  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Elmham St Nicholas like this:

ELMHAM (South)-St Nicholas, a parish in Wangford district, Suffolk; contiguous to South Elmham-All Saints. Post town, South Elmham-St. Margaret, under Harlestone. Acres, 450. Real property, with All Saints, £2, 704. Pop., 103. Houses, 18. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of South Elmham - All Saints, in the diocese of Norwich. There is no church.

South Elmham St Nicholas through time

South Elmham St Nicholas is now part of Waveney district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waveney has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Elmham St Nicholas itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Elmham St Nicholas, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21081

Date accessed: 14th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Elmham St Nicholas ".