Place:


Burwardsley  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burwardsley like this:

BURWARDSLEY, a township-chapelry in Bunbury parish, Cheshire; 2 miles SW by S of Beeston r. station, and 4½ SSW of Tarporley. Post Town, Tattenhall, under Chester. Acres, 1,039. Real property, £1,513. Pop., 500. Houses, 106. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £50. Patrons, Trustees. The church was built in the former part of last century. There are a P. Methodist chapel, and charities £41.

Burwardsley through time

Burwardsley is now part of Chester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Burwardsley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burwardsley, in Chester and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2097

Date accessed: 19th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Burwardsley ".