Place:


Kempshott  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kempshott like this:

KEMPSHOT, a tything in Winslade parish, Hants; 3 miles SW of Basingstoke. Here was the seat of the Pinks; one of whom was warden of New College, Oxford, in the time of Elizabeth. Kempshot House was a hunting box of George IV., and is now the residence of W. Blunt, Esq.

Kempshott through time

Kempshott is now part of Basingstoke and Deane district. Click here for graphs and data of how Basingstoke and Deane has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kempshott itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kempshott, in Basingstoke and Deane and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20960

Date accessed: 12th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kempshott ".