Place:


Honeychurch  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Honeychurch like this:

HONEY-CHURCH, a parish in Okehampton district, Devon; near the river Taw, 2 miles WNW of North Tawton r. station, and 5½ ESE of Hatherleigh. Posttown, North Tawton, North Devon. Acres, 607. Real property, £497. Pop., 44. Houses, 9. The property is subdivided; and the manor belongs to the Earl of Portsmouth. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £93. Patron, the Rev. Dr. Brailsford. The church is old, and has a tower.

Honeychurch through time

Honeychurch is now part of West Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Honeychurch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Honeychurch in West Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20954

Date accessed: 20th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Honeychurch ".