Place:


Llanfihangel Ysgeifiog  Anglesey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfihangel Ysgeifiog like this:

LLANFIHANGEL-ESCEIFIOG, or LLANFIHANGELPENTRE-BERW, a parish in the district of Bangor and county of Anglesey; on the river Cefni, 2 miles SE of Llangefni r. station. It contains the village of Gaeriben; and its Post town is Llangefni, Anglesey. Acres, 2,889. Real property, £3,176. Pop. in 1851,1,161; in 1861, 1,026. ...


Houses, 251. Coal mines are here; and they comnmunicate by a railway, 7 miles long, with Red Wharf bay. The living is a p. curacy, united with the p. curacy of Llanffinan, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £120. Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is ancient. Charities, £9.

Llanfihangel Ysgeifiog through time

Llanfihangel Ysgeifiog is now part of the Isle of Anglesey district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Anglesey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfihangel Ysgeifiog itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfihangel Ysgeifiog in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2085

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfihangel Ysgeifiog ".