Place:


Duchy of Lancaster  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Duchy of Lancaster like this:

LANCASTER (DUCHY OF), a hundred in the NW of Gloucester; consisting of detached parts; and containing Bulley parish, four other parishes, and part of another. Acres, 8,768. Pop., 2,717. Houses, 567.

Duchy of Lancaster through time

Duchy of Lancaster is now part of Forest of Dean district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest of Dean has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Duchy of Lancaster itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Duchy of Lancaster, in Forest of Dean and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20737

Date accessed: 17th October 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Duchy of Lancaster ".