Place:


Broad Nymet  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Broad Nymet like this:

BROAD-NYMET, a chapelry in North Tawton parish, Devon; 1 mile W of Bow, and 6 W of Yeoford r. station. Acres, 451. Pop., returned with the parish. The living is a sinecure rectory in the diocese of Exeter. The church is early English, and has interesting features; but has gone to ruin.

Broad Nymet through time

Broad Nymet is now part of West Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Broad Nymet itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Broad Nymet in West Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20689

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Broad Nymet ".