Place:


Leath  Cumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Leath like this:

LEATH, a ward in Cumberland; bounded by Northumberland, Durham, and Westmoreland, and by the wards of Eskdale and Allerdale; and containing Addingham parish, twenty other parishes, and part of another. Acres, 216, 296. Pop. in 1851, 29, 103; in 1861, 28, 675. Houses, 5, 819.

Leath through time

Leath is now part of Eden district. Click here for graphs and data of how Eden has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Leath itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leath, in Eden and Cumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20576

Date accessed: 14th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Leath ".