In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Warton like this:
WARTON, or Waverton, a chapelry in Polesworth parish, Warwick; 1½ mile NE of Polesworth r. station. It was constituted in 1849; and its Post town is Polesworth, under Tamworth. Pop., 582. Houses, 141. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £122. Patron, the Vicar of Polesworth. There is a Baptist chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Warton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Warwickshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Warton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Warton in North Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Warton".