Place:


Llanddewi Abergwesyn  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanddewi Abergwesyn like this:

LLANDDEWI-ABERGWESSIN, a parish in Builth district, Brecon; at the influx of the river Gwessin to the Irvon, 14 miles W by N of Builth r. station. Post town, Llandovery, under Carmarthen. Acres, 10,511. Real property, £652. Pop., 111. Houses, 20. The property is divided among a few. The surface is mostly mountainous, wild, and waste. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of Llanfihangel-Abergwessin, in the diocese of St. David's The church is tolerable.

Llanddewi Abergwesyn through time

Llanddewi Abergwesyn is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanddewi Abergwesyn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanddewi Abergwesyn, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2049

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanddewi Abergwesyn ".