Place:


Shepherds Bush  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shepherds Bush like this:

SHEPHERDS-BUSH, a metropolitan suburb in Kensington parish, Middlesex; on the Metropolitan railway, 5½ miles W by S of St. Paul's, London. It has a station with telegraph on the railway, and a post-office under London W; contains many villas and other fine residences, with gardens; contains also Kensington -St. Stephens church, built in 1850, in the pointed style, with a tower and spire; and has, of late years, greatly increased.

Shepherds Bush through time

Shepherds Bush is now part of Hammersmith and Fulham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hammersmith and Fulham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shepherds Bush itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shepherds Bush, in Hammersmith and Fulham and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20442

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shepherds Bush ".