Place:


Seisdon  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Seisdon like this:

SEISDON, a liberty and a hundred in Stafford. The liberty lies 5½ miles S W of Wolverhampton; and is in Trysull parish. Pop., 213. The hundred contains 16 parishes, and 6 parts; and is cut into two sections N and S. Acres, 39, 729 and 39, 252. Pop. in 1851, 100, 468and 11, 615; in 1861, 135, 483. Houses, 26,026.

Seisdon through time

Seisdon is now part of South Staffordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Staffordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Seisdon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Seisdon in South Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20438

Date accessed: 17th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Seisdon ".