Place:


North Newton  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Newton like this:

NEWTON (North), a chapelry in North Petherton parish, Somerset; on the Taunton canal, near the Bristoland Exeter railway, 3½ miles S E of Bridgewater r. station. Post-town, Bridgewater. Real property and pop., returned with the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £70. Patron, Sir T. D. Acland, Bart.

North Newton through time

North Newton is now part of Sedgemoor district. Click here for graphs and data of how Sedgemoor has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Newton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Newton, in Sedgemoor and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20389

Date accessed: 24th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Newton ".