Place:


Lasborough  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lasborough like this:

LASBOROUGH, a chapelry in Weston-Birt parish, Gloucester; among the Cotswolds, 5 miles W by N of Tetbury, and 6½ SE of Frocester r. station. Post-town, Wootton-under-Edge. Pop., 65. The manor belongs R. S. Holford, Esq. A Roman settlement was here. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £150. Patron, R. S. Holford, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1861, in the early English style.

Lasborough through time

Lasborough is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lasborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lasborough, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20339

Date accessed: 10th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lasborough ".