Place:


Ketsby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ketsby like this:

KETSBY, a hamlet in South Ormsby parish, Lincoln; 5¼ miles W of Alford. Acres, 650. Pop., 60. It was anciently a parish; and it still ranks as a rectory, annexed to the rectory of South Ormsby, in the diocese of Lincoln. A water mill here is mentioned in Domesday book.

Ketsby through time

Ketsby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ketsby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ketsby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20321

Date accessed: 17th January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ketsby ".