In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanbadarn Odwyn like this:
LLANBADARN-ODWYN, a parish in Tregaron district, Cardigan; on the river Ayron, and on the SarnHelen way, 3 miles W by N of Tregaron r. station. Posttown, Tregaron, under Carmarthen. Acres, 4,425. Real property, £1,735. Pop., 527. Houses, 107. The suffix Odwyn, in the name of the parish, signifies ' ' very white,'' and alludes to the appearance of the church on a high bleak eminence, which commands an extensive view along the valley of the Ayron. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of Llanddewi-Brefi, in the diocese of St. David's. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel. .
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanbadarn Odwyn has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ceredigion. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanbadarn Odwyn and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanbadarn Odwyn, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th October 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanbadarn Odwyn".