In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Earlham like this:
EARLHAM, a parish in Norwich district, Norfolk; on the river Yare, near the Norfolk railway, 2 miles W of Norwich. Post town, Norwich. Acres, with Norwich city. Real property, £1, 845. Pop., 195. Houses, 35. The property is divided among a few. Earlham House is the seat of the Gurneys. The living is a vicarage, united with the donative of Bowthorpe, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, not reported. Patron, MrsFra The church is very good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Earlham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Norwich. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Earlham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Earlham, in Norwich and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Earlham".