In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanasa like this:
LLANASA, or LLANASAPH, a parish in Holywell district, Flint; on the estuary of the Dee at its mouth, on Offa's dyke, and on the Chester and Holyhead railway, between Mostyn and Prestatyn stations, 6½ miles NW by N of Holywell. It has a post office under Holywell; and it contains the townships of Axton, Gronant, Gwespyr, Kelston, Picton, Trelogan, and Trewaclod. ...
Acres, 10,809; of which 4,959 are water. Real property, £9,199; of which £920 are in quarries, and £24 in mines. Pop. in 1851,2,732; in 1861,2,882. Houses, 595. The property is divided among a few. Talacre, a modern mansion, is the seat of Sir Piers Mostyn, Bart.; Gyrn, a castellated mansion, is the seat of E. Bates, Esq.; and Golden Grove is the seat of Col. Morgan. Llanasa Hill, or Corseddan, has an altitude of about 700 feet, and is crowned by a signal-tower. The Point of Air at the Dee's mouth, has an iron lighthouse, standing on nine pillars; and shows two fixed lights,-the one 49 feet above highwater mark, and visible at the distance of 11 miles, -the other at the height of only 12 feet, and intended to guide the navigation of vessels over the sands. A valuable freestone, which furnished the material for Liverpool workhouse, is quarried at Gwespyr; and coal, iron ore, and lead ore, are found. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £297. * Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church was rebuilt in 1737; has windows of stained glass, said to have been brought from Basingwerk abbey; and contains several old monuments. There are endowed schools with £22 a year, and other charities £15. The Rev. H. Parry, the friend of Pennant, was vicar.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanasa in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanasa ".