Place:


Charlton Adam  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Charlton Adam like this:

CHARLTON-ADAM, a parish in Langport district, Somerset; on the Fosse way, 2¾ miles NNE of Martock r. station, and 7 ENE of Langport. Post Town, Charlton-Mackrell, under Taunton. Acres, with CharltonMackrell, 3,910. Real property of C.-A. only, £2,011. Pop., 530. Houses, 119. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £137. Patron, the Rev. Guy Bryan. The church is later English. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Charlton Adam through time

Charlton Adam is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Charlton Adam itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Charlton Adam in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20225

Date accessed: 20th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Charlton Adam ".