In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Charborough like this:
CHARBOROUGH, a hamlet in Morden parish, Dorset; on an affluent of the river Stour, 6 miles W of Wimborne-Minster. It was formerly a separate parish; and it still ranks as a rectory, in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, not reported. Patron, Mrs. Drax. Charborough House, formerly the seat of the Erles, now the seat of the Draxes, has on the ceiling of the staircase a painting of the Judgment of Paris by Thornhill; and the park contains a small building in which the revolution of 1688 was concerted, and a conspicuous obelisk.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Charborough has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Purbeck. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Charborough and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Charborough, in Purbeck and Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th June 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Charborough".