In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Preston Patrick like this:
PRESTON-PATRICK, a township-chapelry in Burton-in-Kendal parish, Westmoreland; on the river Beetha, 3½ miles N-E of Milnthorpe r. station. Post-town, Miln-thorpe. Acres, 3, 580. Real property, £4,097. Pop., 488. Houses, 86. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to the Earl of Lonsdale. P. Hallwas the seat of the Prestons, and became a farm-house. An abbey was founded in the parish, in 1119, by T. Cospatrick; and was removed, in 1150, to Shap. A hill adjacent to the church has a moat, called Swainshaw-Bank Abbey. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £132.* Patrons, the Landowners. The church is good; and there are charities £14.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Preston Patrick has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Lakeland. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Preston Patrick and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Preston Patrick, in South Lakeland and Westmorland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th July 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Preston Patrick".