In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Walditch like this:
WALDITCH, a parish in Bridport district, Dorset; 1¼ mile E of Bridport r. station. Post town, Bridport. Acres, 285. Real property, £889. Pop., 175. Houses, 39. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £54. Patrons, Lord Rolle and J. Bragge, Esq.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Walditch has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Walditch and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Walditch in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st September 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Walditch".